Display Function centers on Primary monitor

Started by btgrant, April 15, 2015, 01:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btgrant

I am using Dynamic Dialogs in many of my projects.  Often I need to display a message to the user, and I use the display function:  Display(3,"This is the Title","This is the message")

The problem I run into is that the display message always shows centered in the primary monitor.  It doesn't matter what monitor the compiled exe is displaying on.

Most of our users have 2 monitors, some have 3 and a few have 4.  Displaying a message 3 monitors away from the program doesn't work very well and makes my projects look unprofessional.

I can control the display location of child Dialog windows, is there any way to control where a display message shows?

td

Since you are already familiar with WIL dialogs, the most elegant solution might be to  create your own Display function using a WIL dialog box. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

....IFICantBYTE

You have probably sorted this out by now, but I just posted a custom message dialog function in the Script Exchange section that will do what you want... look for "Message Dialog with bells and whistles"
Regards,
....IFICantBYTE

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. :)