opening a new diretory on server side

Started by Hector, December 13, 2013, 05:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hector

I need to set up an account creation script for a server side cloud app but also want this process to open a customer directory.
I wonder if someone could start me off on how to do this with Winbatch by passing on directory name as a parameter (no dialogs) -  thank you.
Hector

Deana

A command like this runs a WinBatch system utility from a command line or an icon:
Code (winbatch) Select

WinBatch.exe filename.wbt param1 param2.. param9

When passing command line parameters such as a directory path be sure to wrap it in double quotes.

You can access these command line parameters using the predefined variables Param1 Param2..Param9. Param0 contains the number of command line parameters that were passed to the script.

For example:

Code (winbatch) Select

if param == 0
   Pause( "Notice", "No parameters specified" )
endif

cmdline = param1
For x = 2 to param0
cmdline = StrCat( cmdline, " ", param%x% )
Next
Pause( "Command Line is", cmdline )

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

Hector

Thank you Deana,
I have understood the general approach but what I need to understand is if such a complied program can rest on a website server and simply accept parameters in the form of a directory name to open a new directory each time someone signs up for the storage of their data ... somewhat like a service .. that is, a directory creation routine. Do any special precautions need to be taken for such a compiled program to run safely without affecting other server users?
Thank you.
Hector

Deana

What your asking for sounds like a job for a CGI scripting language such as WebBatch.

WebBatch is a CGI scripting language which adds incredibly easy scripting capability to your Web server. Allowing for more interaction with users. WebBatch can allow for customization of Web pages, process data, calculate data, and so on.

WebBatch commands combined together with the Windows Interface Language commands create a powerful CGI scripting language. WebBatch supports both WIN-CGI and Standard CGI type scripting.

http://www.webbatch.com/
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.