Robo Script

Started by jkjk12, March 10, 2016, 11:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkjk12

I am installing an .MSI and this .MSI throws up 2 different errors.  The vendor said they will not fix it.  So I wrote a Robo Script auto answer the pop up errors.   It all worked great.  So then I tried to deploy my winbatch .EXE through SCCM (microsoft's deployment tool).  my winbatch .EXE gets launched, I see it in TaskMan, then the .MSI gets launched, I see the log file being created, but the log file stops.....and the error popups never get answered.  Why?  I know WinBatch robo script used to work via SCCM since I did it about 10 years ago.  has something changed?

td

Just a guess but  your SCCM process may be running as a service in session 0 but displaying the error message on the interactive desktop of a logged on user session (often session 1) using a special Win32 API for that purpose.  However, your compiled WinBatch script is still running in session 0 so it can't gain access to the interactive user session's desktop.

And to answer your question directly, yes, something has change. Ten years ago services ran in the same session as the logged on user's interactive desktop.  But that ain't the way Windows works now.

If the guess is correct, you may need to figure out a way to start your compiled WinBatch script in the logged on user's interactive desktop session to get it to work correctly.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade