Dropbox Cloud Drive | file download automation

Started by rickmds, January 16, 2016, 06:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmds

Hi
I have several excel workbooks located in my dropbox.com account folder that I need to extract data from on a daily basis.  I know how to accomplish this if the files are local, on a ftp site or on a mapped drive but Dropbox, which is cloud storage has me stumped.  Has anyone attempted to use winbatch with a dropbox cloud folder?   Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Rick

stanl

td

Quote from: rickmds on January 16, 2016, 06:47:44 AM
Hi
I have several excel workbooks located in my dropbox.com account folder that I need to extract data from on a daily basis.  I know how to accomplish this if the files are local, on a ftp site or on a mapped drive but Dropbox, which is cloud storage has me stumped.  Has anyone attempted to use winbatch with a dropbox cloud folder?   Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Rick

I don't use Dropbox (no reason other than I just never got around to it) but according to the Dropbox documentation there should be a folder under your user name.  For example, once the Google Drive app was installed on my system, the files were accessible in "C:\users\<username>\Google Drive" almost immediately.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

I have never tried it with Dropbox but, as an alternative, you should  be able to access Dropbox files using the HTTP protocol. Of course, WinBatch provides several ways to use the HTTP protocol.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade