Editbox - right adjust

Started by archimede, January 26, 2022, 12:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archimede

Hallo.
Is it possible, in an Editbox control, to set "centered" or "right adjust"?
And is it possible the same with other text Controls?
Thank you very much

archimede

I see some other Controls (like Varytext or Statictext) is possible to set "centered" or "right align" for text, but I no see the same thing for Editbox

JTaylor

archimede

The problem is I no know the EditBox dimension because it is resized many times...

JTaylor

My thinking is it wouldn't matter.   You would be applying a style.  Not setting a position.   Could be wrong though.

Jim

JTaylor

After reading some more I realized you have to set most of the styles at creation.  Sorry.

Unless I am missing something it would seem easy to add.   It appears WinBatch checks the styles and only allows specific ones or one could add what they wanted to the Dialog styles.

Jim

archimede

Hallo.
I think it is a style problem, but WinBatch EditBox attributes no allows "centered" or "right align" style... How I can add that style to EditBox?

Thank you very much

Archimede

JTaylor

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  That is what I was saying.  The problem is that most styles for EditBoxes have to be applied at creation.   You cannot change them after that point.  The only solution I know is to convince the WinBatch folks to add those as an option.

Jim