Disable ESC key for closing Dynamic Dialog

Started by cssyphus, April 06, 2024, 08:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cssyphus

My WB Dynamic Dialog app is immediately closing when I press the ESC key, resulting in many accidental closures at the wrong moment.

I am pretty sure I recently turned ON this capability, but I can't remember how I did it. Now I wish to turn it back OFF.

IDEALLY - when detect ESC key, I would like to pop-up a "Close App? Y/N" message -- but just disabling the ESCAPE key from closing the app would be great.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

cssyphus

Nevermind, I stumbled across the answer.

Somehow, I assigned the ESC key to trigger the "pbClose" button in my dialog. Now that I know what I did, I can make it do exactly what I need/want.

I am embarrassed to admit it, because I LIVE by the debugTrace() logs, but for some reason I never thought to check the debug logs in this case... Was stuck in an endless loop of trying to find it in the help file and on this forum. This morning it occurred to me to check the debug log. Sigh. Well, hopefully my forgetfulness will help someone else down the road who is also stuck in the searching-not-thinking loop.

It appears that my lone functioning brain cell is becoming more "lone" and less "functioning" as the years progress.