DLL file could not be created for WWPST44I.DLL

Started by MDLines, May 29, 2015, 09:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDLines

One of my compiled winbatch programs worked fine until the PC was rebooted and then I get the above message for the postie extended when the script tries to execute the Kinit command. I am baffled !!! PC is windows 7 on a domain , could it be an MS update since the last reboot (7 days ago) ?

I have tried recompiling and running in different folders. If I comment out the Postie commands and recompile without reference to the extender , the rest of the program works fine.

Martin Lines

td

You didn't indicate which version of WinBatch+Compiler you are using but newer versions of WinBatch usually include information in the error message box that explains why a DLL cannot be extracted from a compiled script.   The usual reasons are that either you do not have enough disk space available for the file or you do not have permission to write to the extraction's target folder.  The usual cause behind the latter reason is that you are running on a newer version of Windows with UAC enable and are attempting to extract the DLL to a protected folder like 'Programe Files (x86)' or whatever.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade