DLL file could not be created - runshell function causing it

Started by MDLines, May 31, 2015, 08:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDLines

Hi
I posted what I 'thought' was causing this problem on Friday whilst still on the clients site (and under stress!). Now I have had time at home to look more closely at the problem , here is what is happening with code that has worked for months. versions are:-
winbatch version 2013C WB DLL version 6.13CMC WIL DLL WBDMC64I.DLL.     Windows 7

When my code attempts to execute
runshell("adblauncher.exe",frontname,strsub(homedir,1,strlen(homedir)-1),@NORMAL,@WAIT)
A popup window appears saying DLL file could not be created. I have attached a Snip of the pop-up. If you press ok the program continues to run.

This happens on more than 1 PC. I tried changing the runshell to shellExecute and Run and exactly the same thing happens. I tried changing the directory of the target program , it made no difference. Wierdly the po-up box mentions the Postie extender but the program send mail fine and in fact the program extracts wwPST44i.dll  without any problem into its own directory when it starts up.

Martin Lines

td

Several points need to be clarified .  The WIL 'RunShell' function cannot cause your displayed error. That error is not even  a WIL error.  It is a WinBatch error generated by a compiled script during its initialization process.  Also, you make several references to 'program' but it is unclear which program you are referring to because you have two programs: the one calling the 'RunShell' function and the program you are attempting to start with the 'RunShell' function.   You need to clarify which program each reference is actually referring to.

Multiple scenarios can be concocted to explain your problem based on applying multiple different interpretations of the problem as described and guessing at missing details.  Luck could prevail and the first suggest cause and solution might happen to be the correct one but it might not be.  So a better approach is to spend a little time thinking through the problem and then offering a better description of what exactly is going on.  For example, what relevant information can you provide about the "adblauncher.exe" application? 

Who knows?  Once you take the time to clearly describe the problem, cause and solution may be self evident.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

MDLines

thanks.
The robotmon.exe is trying to run adblauncher.exe.  both are compiled winbatch programs. Both programs were performing the addExtender  for the postie extender.  Once I removed the  addextender line from  adblauncher.exe, the problem disappeared.  therefore in conclusion, there was some sort of conflict where 'something' did not like the adblauncher trying to add the postie extender.

Martin Lines