WIL and VLC

Started by oradba4u, February 20, 2015, 04:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradba4u

Trying to get VLC Media Player (v2.5.1) to play an mp3 file minimized.

According to online sources, this should work:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --qt-start-minimized

I am using this code in WinBatch:
Run("C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLCx64\vlc.exe","--qt-start-minimized Song.mp3")

It plays the song, but the VLC player is still visible...

Any ideas?

td

The online command line documentation doesn't appear to mention a '--qt-start-minimized'  option so I am not sure what the proper usage is.

To run an exe minimized you can use either the WIL 'RunIcon' or 'RunShell' function.  You can find more information on either in the WIL Consolidated help file.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

oradba4u

No go! VLC player plays the song, but is still visible, using either method (RunIcon or RunShell)

Anyone have any ideas/recommendations for a simple piece of software that can play mp3 songs minimized?

JTaylor

Search for "Play MP3 Files" in the Tech Database.   The last entry in the results list may do what you want.

Jim

td

The Tech Database should always be the first or second place to go for WinBatch related questions - the first is sometimes the help file documentation depending on the nature of the information you seek.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

oradba4u

Thanks for the info...

Jim: I saw the reference you pointed out (which works great) a couple of days ago, but I got fixated on finding a solution for VLC player.

Anyway, this is pretty cool and will do the job just fine.