Refresh "Other files..." when compiling

Started by stevengraff, December 20, 2013, 11:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevengraff

I created a script to "install" my program by copying the appropriate exe's into their appropriate directories. The exe's are all included into a compiled setup.exe using the "Other files..." function.

My problem is that if I update the "included" exe's by re-compiling, the new "version" of that exe doesn't seem to get included, unless I explicitly remove it from the "Other files..." list, then re-add it.

Am I seeing that right? Is that by design? Or do I just need to re-test? And is there another way of doing this that would include the fresh files?

Deana

Is it possible that the new EXE is in a different directory than the previous exe? If so you will need to always update the included files with the new file path of the new exe.

Maybe post a copy of your {file}.cmp. this file will be located in the same directory as your {file}.wbt. It contains the compile options used from your last successful compile.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

stevengraff

I'm inferring, from your reply, that the compiler should pick up the most recent version of the file, is that right? I'll re-test.

Deana

Quote from: stevengraff on December 20, 2013, 11:42:54 AM
I'm inferring, from your reply, that the compiler should pick up the most recent version of the file, is that right? I'll re-test.

Yes, assuming the "other file" hasn't changed file paths.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

stevengraff

OK; that's good to know. I'll re-check the pathing issue, and test again.