drcaar = ArrDimension(cata,mada)
ArrInitalize (drcaar,0)
drcoar = ArrDimension(catc,madb)
ArrInitalize (drcoar,0)
Return
Gosub DragonCat
GetData=1
If FileExist(E:\Games\RPG\DragonInf\DGDin.datââ,¬Â)==1 Then
If AskYesNo(ââ,¬Å"Existing Dataââ,¬Â, ââ,¬Å"Dragon data found. Do you want to use the old data?ââ,¬Â) Then
GetData=0
drco=AskLine(ââ,¬Å"What color of Dragon: ââ,¬Å",b13
Error: 3068:Function Syntax. Illegal delimiter found. On line: drco=AskLine(ââ,¬Å"What color of Dragon:ââ,¬Â,b13)

....IFICantBYTE

OK, I've been watching "Kenny's" strange RPG related posts at the end of this thread and Tony's polite attempts to help him, and I couldn't resist trying to investigate where and what the thing he is talking about came from...

Kenny, I think you are a little confused as to what you have and are trying to do.

Based on some of the info you have posted, I Googled around and found this RPG forum where I think I might have found the original author of the Winbatch script you have and are trying to get working:
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=73510&view=print

Search for "Winbatch" on the linked-to page above and you will find a post by a user called "gadrin" who explains that he wrote a tool in Winbatch that creates "Rifts Character Templates" (I can guess what they are, but don't ask me anything about it, as I've never really played any online RPGs)

You would probably be MUCH better off trying to contact this "gadrin" user on that forum as he seems to be the person who actually wrote this utility (if I am correctly guessing that it is in fact the same one you are trying to use)
... this forum is about the programming language Winbatch itself, not really about products created with it.... especially ones you didn't create yourself.
Forgive me if I am wrong in my assumptions though.

Good luck

Regards,
....IFICantBYTE

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. :)

George Vagenas

Is this a stuck topic or just some Firefox anomaly?  I keep marking it as read but it keeps popping up in unread topics .
Thanks

George

Kenny

WinBatch Studio,

Go Error 3068 on line "drco=Askline("What color of Dragon" collist)

Kenny

Winbatch Studio.

3068 Function Syntax. Illegal delimiter found on line. "drco=Askline("What color of Dragon:" collist)

I hope that this extra info helps,

Bakshara

JTaylor

That function requires 3 parameters.

Also, you normally want to start a New Topic rather than ask a question in someone else's thread.

Jim

Kenny

Jiim,

That is an awesome suggestion.

How can I do that. How can I start a new thread for WinBatch Studio?

Now this is exact error message I got,
3068: Function Syntax Illegal delimiter found.
On line: oldfiles=Askline("What Picture to open:",newfile)

For those three parameters should I ask:
"What Picture to open: "
"What Date of this picture to open: "
"What jpg picture is to be opened"

What is yours, and anyone else's advice?

Bakshara

JTaylor

Rather than opening someone else's thread and clicking the Reply icon select the New Topic icon where you see the list of threads.

The first parameter is the Dialog Title, the second is the Text in the dialog which precedes the editbox and the third is the default value that will appear in the editbox.  Probably good to read the documentation for further details as your question leads me to believe that you are trying to use it for a purpose other than which it was intended or for which there are better options, but maybe I misunderstand.

Jim

DAG_P6

Quote from: Kenny on October 10, 2014, 02:09:21 PM
[Run WBT file]
Error: 1713: ItemExtractCsv: Invalid delimiter On line: newfile=StrCat(priestdesc",ItemExtractCsv(1,Spell.txt

There is an unmatched quote where I put the carat (^().

newfile=StrCat(priestdesc",ItemExtractCsv(1,Spell.txt
                                         ^

David A. Gray
You are more important than any technology.