Dialog Editor Feature Request

Started by JTaylor, July 19, 2014, 09:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

Something I would find extremely useful would be the ability to set the Tab order in a more efficient way.   I would select the option and it would pop-up a dialog asking me a starting number, an interval and perhaps even if I want to reorder the control numbers and then whenever I would click a control it would set the Tab order for that control and then when I clicked the next one it would increment by the assigned interval and set that Tab order and so on.  If I opted to change control numbers it would reorder the control in the dialog definition as well (this is mainly gravy but useful at times compared to the Tab reordering).  I could then just click each control in the order I want them assigned and voilà!, I have the TAB order I want without having to open a dialog for each control and type in the value.

Probably not too late to include in the current Beta ;)

Thanks.

Jim

Deana

Thanks Jim we appreciate the feed back. The developers have been notified of your request.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

galaara98

Quote from: JTaylor on July 19, 2014, 09:27:42 AM
Something I would find extremely useful would be the ability to set the Tab order in a more efficient way.   I would select the option and it would pop-up a dialog asking me a starting number, an interval and perhaps even if I want to reorder the control numbers and then whenever I would click a control it would set the Tab order for that control and then when I clicked the next one it would increment by the assigned interval and set that Tab order and so on.  If I opted to change control numbers it would reorder the control in the dialog definition as well (this is mainly gravy but useful at times compared to the Tab reordering).  I could then just click each control in the order I want them assigned and voilà!, I have the TAB order I want without having to open a dialog for each control and type in the value.

Probably not too late to include in the current Beta ;)

Thanks.

Jim
truth be told I often export my dialogs to excel (just the controls, delimiter set to '=' and ',' , ignore or remove ` ) then I can manipulate things like tab orders or menu orders or button values much faster

I then save it as a comma separated and open in a "good" text editor to fix the '='

Aaron

JTaylor

I use my WBRAD application to reorder things and isn't too bad but having that option I described would be much better.   Thinking more about it does give me some ideas for making it even easier but thought others might find this a useful feature.

Jim