DropListBox

Started by jmburton2001, September 22, 2019, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmburton2001

I've used Item List Boxes with success over the years. I'm working on a very simple script that I'd like to use a DropListBox but I'm having an issue with it accepting a delimited list of items. The help file says:

"You specify the items for the Drop-down Combo Box list by placing a delimited list of values in the variable named in the controls Variable attribute."

In step into (F11) mode it appears that the variable (dlVariable1) is populating correctly but they aren't available in the drop down selector.

I feel like I'm missing something really, really basic here. Thanks in advance for your insights and wisdom!

Code (winbatch) Select
dlVariable1 = StrCat ("Item 01",@TAB,"Item 02",@TAB,"Item 03",@TAB,"Item 04")

MyDialogFormat=`WWWDLGED,6.2`

MyDialogCaption=`WIL Dialog 1`
MyDialogX=319
MyDialogY=168
MyDialogWidth=102
MyDialogHeight=088
MyDialogNumControls=003
MyDialogProcedure=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogFont=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogTextColor=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogBackground=`DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialogConfig=0

MyDialog001=`011,067,036,012,PUSHBUTTON,"PushButton_OK",DEFAULT,"OK",1,10,@csDefButton,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialog002=`055,067,036,012,PUSHBUTTON,"PushButton_Cancel",DEFAULT,"Cancel",0,20,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialog003=`007,013,084,010,DROPLISTBOX,"DropListBox_1",dlVariable1,"Select an item",DEFAULT,30,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`

ButtonPushed=Dialog("MyDialog")

JTaylor

I think you need to change the height of the box.    It doesn't have any room to "drop" :)

In the dialog editor click on the down arrow on the control and when you get a sizing grid on it, use the bottom one.

Jim

jmburton2001

Have you ever had one of those days when you're on top of the world and feel invincible, and then had another day when you feel like the most humble, lowly, and ignorant pond scum? Today I feel like the latter...

Today JTaylor... YOU.ARE.A.GOD!

Thank you and enjoy your accolades!