Extender & Function List

Started by Staudenmaier, November 10, 2023, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staudenmaier

The help file in "Winbatch Studio" is intensive, but 9 out of 10 times I bring it up, I just want to see the WIL function list with a choice of alphabetic or "type" sorting.

This is indeed a picky question, but is there a way to open the HELP file(s) straight to this page? As it is now, there's only the starter page before the sorting choice.  Yeah, I'm particular, but the starter's there EVERY darn time.  And there's enough scrolling.

==========================================================

Now I'm not being particular, but maybe my eyesight is going.

Where can I find a list of extender names (descriptions) and their associated filenames (*.DLL) and a list of functions (w/descriptions) for each extender.

I'm sure each list exists, but I'm awful sorry, they both evade me.

Many Thanks,
Robert

td

A few things that WBS does to provide help when script writing:

• To open the Consolidated WIL Help file to a specific function in WBS, place the cursor over the function name and press Ctrl+F1*. The constants tab will display the location in the help file.
  • If you type are partial WIL function name into a script and then press Atl+RightArrow, WBS pops up a list of all the functions with the prefix you typed. If you select one, it is inserted where you typed the prefix.
  • You can right-click on a script in WBS and select the  "Insert WIL Function..." context menu option, you can navigate to any WIL or extender function you choose. The function will be inserted into your script with a brief description and parameters. This includes extenders and their functions.

My personal preference is to launch The Consolidated WIL Help file from PopMenu or FileMenu and leave it on the taskbar when working on a script. If I need a quick reminder of a function's parameters, I use Ctrl+F1*. When I can't recall the exact name of a function or I am not quite sure which function I want, I use Atl+RightArrow.

* As Kirby pointed out below the correct keys are Shift+F1.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

kdmoyers

I always put the cursor on the function and press Shift-F1
bam -- I get the help on that function.
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

td

You are correct. I meant Shift+F1... I need a personal AI bot not from MSFT for automatic correction of meaning-altering typos.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

Staudenmaier

"You can right-click on a script in WBS and select the  "Insert WIL Function..." context menu option, you can navigate to any WIL or extender function choose. The function will be inserted into your script with a brief description and parameters. This includes extenders and their functions."

Alllllllllll right!  I think that's everything.  Many, many thanks!