WinZoom ( ... ) overwrites task bar

Started by archimede, March 18, 2022, 07:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archimede

Hallo.
If I use WinZoom ( MyDialogTitle ) to generate a full screen window for my WinBatch program, the zoomed window overwrites the task bar; I would no overwrite it: is it possible? How?
Thank you very much
Archimede

kdmoyers

Perhaps try using WinPlace instead of WinZoom? 
You have to experiment to find perfect numbers, but it works well.
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

archimede

Thank you for answer.
The zoom function shows the window full screen without frame: does WinPlace ( ... ) makes the same thing?

archimede

Hallo.
How is possible to set no show task bar?

archimede

Hallo.
WinPlace ( ... ) no set zoomed window ( full screen window without frame ).
WinZoom ( ... ) no overwrites the taskbar, but set the taskbar color like the window color: why?
How I can zoom window without set the taskbar color? Is it possible to hide the taskbar?

Thank you very much

stanl

Quote from: archimede on March 23, 2022, 03:32:04 AM
Is it possible to hide the taskbar?

Thank you very much

This would take some of Tony's registry magic but HKCU:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3

can be configured to toggle auto-hide for Taskbar in Windows 10.

archimede

Hallo.
I have Window 7 x64.
Isn't there any utility to hide and show task bar?

jmburton2001

In Windows 7 you can right-click on the taskbar and select "Properties"

You have two options in there. One is to "Lock the taskbar" and the other is "Auto-hide the taskbar"

Auto-hide will hide the taskbar until you move your mouse to the edge (usually bottom) that the taskbar is "hidden" in and then it magically appears. Move your mouse away and then it hides again.

archimede

:-(
The problem is to close the task bar by program...

archimede

The other solution is a WinZoom ( ... ) no overwrites task bar...

stanl

Quote from: archimede on March 27, 2022, 03:25:04 AM
:-(
The problem is to close the task bar by program...

Probably a Win7 registry key that can be tweaked. Issue might be, even if programmable, when it takes effect.

stanl

you might play around with this: supposed to work in Win7, I couldn't test, but doesn't work in Win10
Code (WINBATCH) Select

;test - auto hide taskbar in Windows7
cSendKeyValue = "%%u"  ;Alt+u = Auto-hide the taskbar
WshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.shell")
oShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
oShell.TrayProperties

Timedelay(2)
WshShell.SendKeys(cSendKeyValue)                       

TimeDelay(2)
WshShell.SendKeys("{ENTER}")  ;Enter to Close Properties

oShell = 0
WshShell = 0
Exit

JTaylor

I am fairly sure there is a registry key but can't find it at the moment.    Another option is an undocumented function in the omnibus extender that might do what you want.

AddExtender("wbomnibus.dll")
wnTaskBar(0)
message("HEY","")
wnTaskBar(1)

Exit

archimede

JTaylor :
I no found Omnibus extender: where is that?
Thank you very much

archimede

stanl:
I tested the routine: it works no very well: without TimeDelay ( 2 ) it no works because it no identify the window.
If, when it works, I am moving mouse it no works: how is possibile to work with that without show the task bar set window?
Thank you very much

JTaylor

archimede

JTaylor
Interesting... but it no solves the problem because it hides the task bar, but when I zoom a window it no occupies the freed by the task bar hided: that space remain no available.
:-)

JTaylor

Okay.  Hadn't done much with that and didn't even document it as it was something of an experiment for another project but thought I would throw it out as something to try.  Sorry it didn't solve your problem.

Jim