xxcopy

Started by locuton, September 04, 2022, 08:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locuton

Greetings:

A number of years ago, I used a command line program called xxcopy with winbatch to clone directories from on laptop to another over an ethernet cable. Apparently the maker of xxcopy has gone out of business. What I liked about xxcopy is that it would create directories if needed and it would skip files that were the same. If any of y'all are familiar with xxcopy, I would like to know if there is a viable alternative that I can use with winbatch to copy files.

Regards,
Mike

stanl

Quote from: locuton on September 04, 2022, 08:45:53 PM
I would like to know if there is a viable alternative that I can use with winbatch to copy files.

Regards,
Mike

Maybe Robocopy?  I think it works with long filenames that both xcopy and xxcopy have issues with.

td

You could always roll your own version. There are several examples in the Tech Database. Since WinBatch supports long file paths, those examples could easily be modified to support them if required.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

locuton

Stanl, Robocopy is a great suggestion, but the program will only run on the receiving computer and not on the sending computer. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Td, I'll check out the tech database for examples, great suggestion, thanks.