OT: Win11

Started by stanl, October 03, 2022, 01:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanl

This is completely OT. I have a surface PRO 3, and an HP laptop both of which work [WB is on Surface] but, of course are not acceptable for Win11 upgrade.

I hate Apple, but got Nancy an Ipad Pro and I am amazed at what it can do. So, I browsed the Ipad Pro vs Surface 8... but then decided if I needed Win11 would need a laptop not a Surface. Have seen a Dell or Microsoft laptop at $1200-1600 would fit me playing around with data. Company provides a work laptop so that dictates work, so this  would be for fun.

Any suggestions?

td

I have a Dell XSP 15 with a touch screen. They can get a bit spendy depending on the processor and display adapter you choice. Mine has upper end components so it is very resposive but cost extra denaro.  Dell has been very good about supplying driver updates for MSFT's endless parade of OS updates so I have had no compatibility issuse. I just wish Dell was as mindful of desktop workstations.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

ChuckC

I agree with Tony... DELL's XPS series of laptops are quite capable, have excellent driver support, the usual high level of hardware quality, etc.  My modern XPS 17 was purchased about 18 months ago, and is "beefy" in that I maxed it out with memory, SSD, went for the latest generation Core i9 processor, etc., and that certainly added to the cost.  But, I also have my original XPS 12 laptop that I ordered in the fall of 2013 that is still alive and functional with Win10 and serves admirably well as my light weight travel laptop as well as a 'Net connected emergency/backup computer in the event that my XPS 17 were to be down due to a problem.

stanl

Thanks;

Dell does get great reviews. Outside of my Surface Pro 3.0, my laptops have generally been Acer or HP [which include purchases for Nancy or our daughter, and her parents].  No rush, wait until XMAS, but was surprised Walmart out prices both Amazon and Best Buy.