RunWithLogin

Started by jkjk12, September 17, 2015, 09:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkjk12

I am trying to use the RunWithLogon command and it fails.   No matter who I run this compiled .EXE as it fails, even when I run it as myself or by doing a "run as administrator" it fails.   Is my logic wrong? 

runas_user = "MyID"
runas_domain = "Company.org"
runas_pswd = "welcome123"
RunWithLogon("\\Server\Share\ChargeCapture_DesktopConfig.exe", "", "", @NORMAL, @NOWAIT, runas_user, runas_domain, runas_pswd,0)

td

Please specify the version of Windows and WinBatch you are using.  Also provide the systems current UAC settings.  Do not simply repeat that UAC is off, unless you are using Windows 7/Vista, because turning off the UAC prompt is not the same thing as turning off UAC on Windows 8 and newer.  The only way to turn it off is to either modify the registry directly or through group policy on these newer systems.

You may also find the following Tech Support article useful:

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/UAC+RunWithLogon~and~UAC.txt
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

jkjk12

Windows 7 x86.   WinBatch 2014A.  Via GPO UAC is off. 

td

Also please provide the error number displayed by the WinBatch error dialog box when RuneWithLogin fails and provide any additional error information provided in the More Error Info message if and when the More Error Info button is enabled. In addition please  provide the OS information of the server hosting the share including its UAC status, if applicable.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade