SourceK0d3R from IFICantBYTE

Started by seckner, November 19, 2013, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seckner

For those that might not know this is an EXCELLENT program that IFICantBYTE wrote a while back that can actually allow you to decompile a Winbatch exe file so long as you compiled using his program. It's currently saving my bacon as I try to recover from a failed drive AND a lack of proper backup.. I think I remember seeing a 'few' Winbatch updates ago that the part of the program that allows you to add it to the toolbar broke - it kept seeing that all of the tools were full and I'm sure that there was a fix, but dang if I can find it. Should anyone have whatever the fix was and will share I'd be really grateful!!

Deana

Yes the toolbars have changed how they work behind the scenes in more recent version of WinBatch Studio. Hopefully IFICantBYTE will see your post and revise his code accordingly. In the mean while you can simply add anything you would like to WinBatch studio toolbar menu manually.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

....IFICantBYTE

Hi,
I am glad that you used SourceK0d3r and that it is helping you recover code that would otherwise have been lost.
I am sorry though that I have never had time to update it (it was written back in 2005 before Win7 UAC issues and many changes to Studio ect.)
I always intended to refine it and even add a simple icon designer to it, but I always find that I'm too busy with other projects to give things I want to do any time... right now I am working on a voicemail project for work that is taking up all my WinBatch time!
I also noticed that the copy of the source in the Tech Database is a little corrupt... probably because of the way I stored binary Help Files inside the code using ASCII characters ... (that is something I would change now).
If you have an original copy (i will attach it in a zip here anyway), and it is working for you appart from the auto toolbar routine, then Deana is correct, you can just add it manually in Studio yourself or just run its wbt file directly outside of Studio and it will ask you what file you want to compile. The toolbar just ran it from a separate Winbatch.exe and passed the currently opened script's path and filename to it as far as I can remember.... I was just trying to be clever adding it programatically!

I still intend to update it one day, along with several other projects I think people will find useful and post them here, but for now, while I have very little time for anything outside of work and family life, they will have to wait.
Sorry again.. attached is the original SourceKod3r file posted back in 2005... hope it is of some value to you.
Perhaps Deana can replace the one in the Tech Database with this (keep it in the zip.. don't make it HTML ized because it will probably corrupt the embedded help files etc. using my old File2Array routines).

Regards,
....IFICantBYTE

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. :)

Deana

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

galaara98

For my own reasons and my own purpose I updated this script.. in behalf of, but not with permission of IfICantBYTE
I generally COMPILE it, in both a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version and add them to my tool bar by hand...
I also only have 64 bit machines (though I made accommodations for a 32 bit only computer... they are untested)