Issue with Deana's click udf

Started by stanl, August 03, 2014, 07:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanl

which was posted under the recent thread "Navigating a Web Page".  I was trying to assist a user navigating a German Vehicle URL.  The issue was with moving through the page by selecting items from dropdowns which then refreshed the dropdown for further selections.... i.e. first select the Make, then select the model and year etc...

I have IE 11, user had 8 or 9.  So I wasn't sure if FireEvent() or ExecScript() would be the ticket, but as it turned out both worked (on IE 11).  What didn't work was Deana's udf as IE 11 didn't like dispatchevent()

Sample script is provided to play with

td

Your passing a string as the second parameter to your click udf.  It is supposed to be an 'element' object.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

stanl

Quote from: td on August 04, 2014, 06:56:40 AM
Your passing a string as the second parameter to your click udf.  It is supposed to be an 'element' object.

Lesson learned. Besides, I will never be able to afford a BMW. :-[

td

Quote from: stanl on August 04, 2014, 08:15:32 AM
Lesson learned. Besides, I will never be able to afford a BMW. :-[

Being a gadget junkie, the personal preference is a Tesla model S but can't afford that either.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade