Tab Focused button - how to remove border "decoration"

Started by trenttorkelson, October 14, 2013, 12:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trenttorkelson

All, any simple way to remove the solid "border" around the focused button in a dialog? I'm ok with the dotted rectangle, but the solid border seems excessive to me (attached image)

Thanks,
-Trent

Deana

Trent,

As far as I am aware, the WIL dialogs just use a windows default setting. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any built in way to modify that behavior using the control style functions.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

Deana

Just a thought. Take a look at the SysParamInfo function:  8206: GetFocusBorderWidth, 8207: SetFocusBorderWidth, 8208 GetFocusBorderHeight and 8209 GetFocusBorderWidth. Note this is a system wide setting.

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

td

Quote from: trenttorkelson on October 14, 2013, 12:53:42 PM
All, any simple way to remove the solid "border" around the focused button in a dialog? I'm ok with the dotted rectangle, but the solid border seems excessive to me (attached image)

Thanks,
-Trent

The border you are referring to is the default button border.  By default the OS places the border around a dialog's default button and MSFT's dialog design specifications recommend it.  If you look carefully, you will notice that there is always a button that has the border even when no button has the focus.  This button that has the border when no button has the focus is the dialog's default default button.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

trenttorkelson

Ok, well its perfectly understandable that the winbatch managed functions can only do so much. I'll look into the sysparaminfo functionality. If anyone does have anything, perhaps that I could add to my extender, that would possibly remove the border, let me know. I'll be sure to post any findings if this can be done either way.