Line numbers in Winbatch Studio?

Started by jrball, January 31, 2014, 07:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrball

While developing a script, I often make mistakes. ;)   And I get an error message that tells me some like "Undefined variable in line 51".  Which is nice, but darned if I can figure out how to display line numbers in Winbatch Studio!  Can Winbatch Studio display line numbers and, if so, where's the switch???

Thanks!

JTaylor

While you are waiting on a real answer...since I almost never use it I'm no expert...

You can see it in the status bar and can also use Ctrl+g to go to a line.

Not sure about displaying the numbers beside each line though.

Jim

Deana

No line number display however you can go to a specific line using the menu 'Search|Go To Line or hotkey ctrl+g. Or simply place your cursor on the suspect line and check the line number displayed in the lower right hand corner of WinBatch Studio.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

td

Probably not as handy as using the Ctrl+G key combo but you can also view your script with line numbers by selecting the "Print Preview" menu item from the "File" menu. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

nickedw

I think what would be real useful is to have a line number display during debug mode. When debugging next and previous lines of code are displayed. but not where in script the line numbers being exceuted are.

Thanks

rothestar

Line numbers are displayed in the lower right corner in Winbatch Studio.

best regards
Henrik