New Version

Started by spl, March 20, 2024, 06:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spl

Nice. I like it. Had to go back to an old USB drive to resuscitate my Avatar. Funny that as I type this I get a darker font, but when reading it font is lighter and a little harder on the eyes. [not a complaint]
Stan - formerly stanl

td

We are working on a short timeline so we haven't performed a lot of fine-tuning yet. I would have to brush up on PHP skills to hack syntax coloring into the forum's source code so it could be quite a while. I have a WIL script somewhere that implements WIL script BBC syntax coloring so if I can only find it, I will post it here. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

kdmoyers

This is cool!  Reminds me of Win XP, my favorite version of Windows.
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

oldone1

I am just coming back to Winbatch after being hospitalized. I was using
Winbatch on my XP machine which has stopped running. I am now using a
Windows 10 Home laptop. I purchased the latest  version, but when I
installed it(32 bit version), the default program for double clicking a
WBT was NOTEPAD.  I was able to change this to winbatch.exe via a
Settings option for default apps. I was wondering if this was normal as
I did not see anything about this in the installation instructions.

Thank you for any assistance.  If this is in the wrong section, I apologize.

td

That is not normal. The setup.exe executable creates file associations for the ".wbt" file extension in the registry. Setup.exe has been tested on Windows 10/11 and in our experience works as just described.

Not sure why it didn't work that way for you but at least you are knowledgeable enough to correct the problem. Did you notice anything unusual while the setup program was performing the installation?
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

ChuckC

What happened to the option to view only unread threads?

oldone1

I did not see anything quirky during the install.  However,after the install completed, I noticed that there was a new directory in
program files named Winbatch in addition to the one in program files (86) where all of the installation files were placed. There was a
sub directory named System created under the Winbatch directory. 
This sub directory was empty.  However, some DLL's were added when I installed some extenders. Possibly that was done because some of the
extenders had 64 bit versions.  I have not yet tried to execute any of my saved wbt's from my old XP machine.  If I come across any  problems I will be asking more questions.  Thanks for the timely response   

td

The subdirectory "system" is where all the files that make WinBatch go live. The bulk of the files are under the "Program Files(x86)" directory with the 64-bit specific files under "Program Files". If you do not have files in the "Program Files(x86)" version of the "System" folder, something went radically wrong with your installation. You need to reinstall WinBatch+Compiler.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

Quote from: ChuckC on March 26, 2024, 01:14:16 PMWhat happened to the option to view only unread threads?

Click the "Unread posts" menu item after the date, under the forum logo.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

oldone1

I checked the Program (x86) System Directory and all of the stuff was there.  I did execute some of my old XP WBTs and with minor  changes due to differnt folders, they all worked.  However, each execution had a UAC verification appear. Since this machine is a single user machine and I am a protected admin, I was able to execute my wbt script.   I read some stuff about UAC and manifest, but I do not know enough about these things.  My old XP machine did have UAC but I only did a brief investigation  and I was always able to accept elevation. This a very minor annoyance that I can live with.  After reading stuff  about UAC and manifests, I realized that changing extensions could stop the verification from appearing.  This would not be a good solution due to the fact that have scripts written in vbscript and autoit  that invoke wbts using the wbt extension. As always thanks for responding.

td

You will have to either change the scripts that call your WinBatch scripts the correct extension or change your system's UAC setting.
  - Dr. Tom Cade