Clear Memory

Started by scotts, September 10, 2014, 06:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotts

Hi,

is there a quick and easy way to release memory for a winbatch app while it is running (other than drop)?

attached is the fault detail I get when the winbatch runs db2 sql queries over and over again. I was thinking it is memory but I bumped the memory up and still get this fault. The app works fine if there is a small amount of items to identify in the db2 database.

Thanks

td

Your program is causing an access violation in a dll that is not a part of WinBatch.  Access violations can happen for many reasons but usually involve a process attempting to write to memory that is not available for writing for one reason or another. 

There are numerous causes why an application may attempt to write to unavailable memory and not just because it is running out of process memory.

It would require a lot more information to have any kind of chance of diagnosing the problem.  However, based on what has been provided so far, there is no evidence that it is even a WinBatch problem.

You may want to consider exploring the issue by searching for information about the  db2app.dll assembly.  You may also want to examine your script to see if it can be modified to prevent the error.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

scotts

After further review, it turns out the issue is dll related. thanks for the advise