hello and twitter

Started by ITdude, August 05, 2014, 10:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdude

Hey there,

Used Winbatch heavily from 2007 - 2011 but haven't been able to grab it at the job sites since. Hopefully soon. Miss it.

Are you guys going to open a twitter account? I don't do the Facebook thing. (snob, I know).

John Karr

Deana

No plans to create a WinBatch Twitter account. Sorry.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

td

Quote from: ITdude on August 05, 2014, 10:10:56 AM
Hey there,

Used Winbatch heavily from 2007 - 2011 but haven't been able to grab it at the job sites since. Hopefully soon. Miss it.

Are you guys going to open a twitter account? I don't do the Facebook thing. (snob, I know).

Out of curiosity, what benefits would you hope to derive from yet another distraction?
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

ITdude

Quote from: td on August 05, 2014, 10:51:15 AM
Quote from: ITdude on August 05, 2014, 10:10:56 AM
Hey there,

Out of curiosity, what benefits would you hope to derive from yet another distraction?

Guess that can cut two ways, so correct me as to which is more applicable:

1. Twitter is a distraction, hence the "yet"

2. My post is a distraction, which is probably true but renders the "yet"=false as it's my first in a looong time, and I was suffering a bout of nostalgia for Winbatch.

DAG_P6

I think Tony meant that Twitter is yet another distraction. I don't have a Twitter account, either.
David A. Gray
You are more important than any technology.

snowsnowsnow

The word "distraction" is ambiguous here, as it is a word with lots of different usages and meanings.

I actually think the word that we are seeking is "dilution".  The idea is that the more forums we have to support, the more work it is for the moderators and the less value it is for the users.