Dialog Extender with EditBox Masking

Started by JTaylor, October 09, 2020, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

Let's try this again...

I have renamed my CommControl Extender to DialogEx Extender.    Why?   Just because I guess but maybe a little less ambiguous.   In any event....

I converted it from C to C++ and brought it up to the latest version of the SDK....might have published C++ version before???

I removed the DatePicker functions because they are no longer needed.

I added ebMask() and ebMaskClean() functions.   ebMask() is for masking text in an editbox so you can do things like only allow Uppercase letters or set the format for phone numbers (xxx) xxx-xxxx and other such things.    ebMaskClean() retrieves the text with various options for keeping or removing the masking literals and separators.

I broke out a version with just the editbox functions so if one isn't interested in overloading their function map with over 100 other functions you can just used the Editbox ones.   The Help is for the main extender.  Just look up the EditBox functions.

http://www.jtdata.com/anonymous/dialogex.zip

http://www.jtdata.com/anonymous/ebmask.zip

Jim

oradba4u

Is there any reason why I get nothing viewable in the .chm file of ebmask.zip?

JTaylor

Very common issue with CHMs.   Right-click on it in File Explorer and unblock it.   It is a windows security thing.

Jim

JTaylor

Just realized I didn't make one thing clear and which may not be obviously apparent.

ebMask() should be placed in the Dynamic Dialog EditBox Event for the control being masked.

Jim

kdmoyers

Quote from: JTaylor on October 11, 2020, 05:43:42 PM
Very common issue with CHMs.   Right-click on it in File Explorer and unblock it.   It is a windows security thing.
Jim
I found the CHM didn't work unless it was located on my C drive, not on a network drive.  Not sure why.
-K
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

JTaylor

Windows Security thing.   That is expected behavior, from what I remember.   Sorry, didn't think to mention that too.   Not sure why the security is so tight on those things but assume they have the ability to really mess things up???

Jim