File Explorer crashes in Win 8.1 related Winbatch install

Started by LenTobin, June 27, 2014, 05:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LenTobin

Has anybody reported problems with File Explorer after upgrade to Win 8.1.
I keep getting Not responding error while in File manager making me restart file explorer. In check Action center everytime file explorer hangs  winbatch's C:\Program Files (x86)\WinBatch\System\filmnsrv.exe has a Appl crash. Think its related to File menu from Winbatch?
Any solution to try.

td

Thank you for reporting the problem.  We are aware of an issue with WinBatch's FileMenu and Windows 8.1 and are currently working on a resolution.  The only solutions we have at this time are to either uninstall WinBatch and then reinstall without selecting the FileMenu/PopMenu option or simple disabling FileMenu via a registry change. The program ShellExView can be used to disable File Explorer context menus registry entries and can be found by following this link - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

LenTobin

Removed the reg item for Winbatch File menu via Shell View Thanks Hope that my only problem
Len

td

Windows 8.1 has been around for about eight months and the intermittent FileMenu problem is the only reported WinBatch related issue. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade