Checking for Running Process

Started by geauga, January 05, 2015, 08:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geauga

I am trying to check whether an application is running.  I know how to check for a service running but does anybody know how to check for a specific process running?

td

There multiple ways to check for the existence of an application in WinBatch.  The easiest is probably the 'AppExist' function. Full documentation for the function can be found in the WIL Consolidated help file.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

geauga

Thanks.  This worked fine.  Its amazing with all the years that I have used winbatch I never had to do this and I could not find this in any documentation searchs\.  Thnaks again.

td

Using a search string like 'application  AND running' in the WIL Consolidated help file returns a lot of results but one of those is the documentation for the 'AppExist' function. Unfortunately, the help file search is not nearly as sophisticated as modern web search engines so it sometimes takes a bit of time, patients and imaginative search string creation to find what you are looking for.

Perhaps someday we will get the entire help file contents on our website in a web searchable format.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade