Work from Home Issue

Started by chrislegarth, June 23, 2020, 08:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrislegarth

Recently, since work from home has become more widespread where I work, users have started to get a "This app can't run on your PC" or a DLL load failure error when they try to start a WinBatch program that is located on our network drives directly from their laptops over their VPN connections.  If I remote into a computer at work, the programs all run fine.  I'm assuming it has something to do with the VPN connection but can't seem to identify what it could be.  Grasping at straws now.  Checking to see if anyone else has run into this issue?

Thanks in advance!

td

First, you need to answer a question; is your compiled WinBatch script compiled with the  "Large exe" or the "Small exe" model?
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

chrislegarth

It looks like we are having an issue with some of our security systems that are blocking programs.
Sorry for taking up forum space on this.

td

That would have been the first guess to the source of your issue.  The infamous anti-malware malware problem.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade