OT: Office 365 TypeScript

Started by stanl, May 03, 2021, 12:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanl

Not a big fan of Office 365 but had two persons I compiled exe's for in 2013 who moved to 365 and say the WB exes I wrote no longer work. I know the 365 works with Office Script / Typescript [which resembles M Code]. Basic question: has anyone done any work with automating 365 from WB?

[EDIT]: didn't realize I had font issues when I first posted this.

td

As far as I know, Office 360 applications still supports COM Automation. If that is the case, WinBatch should still be able to automate Office 360 based products but you might have to make changes to accommodate programming model changes.

You have posted an Excel script of late. Did you try those examples with Office 360? I was assuming you are already using it.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

stanl

Quote from: td on May 04, 2021, 07:49:54 AM
I was assuming you are already using it.

I don't have access to 356, mostly what prompted my question. The scripts I wrote in 2013 were pretty basic using ADO to update Excel templates or create new workbooks. I think the scripts are failing due to pathing issues. I'm assuming the files are on OneDrive or somewhere when the original scripts were built for local access. Should add, the remarks about the failures were informational, not requests to re-write.

Google/Bing have posts about VBA not working in 356 and a found a thread about ADO failing... often more confusing than helpful.

td

I don't have access to 365 either so I can't tell you anything you can't find for yourself with a Web search.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade