Feature Requests

Started by JTaylor, September 05, 2015, 09:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

If I've missed something in WinBatch which already allows me to do any of this stuff please let me know.

Mouse Scroll - Add Support to Functions like MousePlay, MouseInfo, etc.

Add Mouse support to WaitForKeyEx()

StrCatEx()  - Function to Concatenate text over multiple lines.   Would make the readibility and ease of building long strings, templates, SQL, C# code, etc MUCH, MUCH better.

Key(board) event for Dialogs - I know this has been asked for many times by various people. 

Would love to see more of the DialogControls added.  Again, I know this had been requested previously.   Having the DateTime control would be marvelous.  Not sure why the Date picker was added in place of the DateTime control.   Some of the others I implemented in the CommCtrl Extender would also be very helpful at times.    If you don't have time send me the source and I'll add them for you  :)

Jim

stanl

Quote from: JTaylor on September 05, 2015, 09:22:44 AM
StrCatEx()  - Function to Concatenate text over multiple lines.   Would make the readibility and ease of building long strings, templates, SQL, C# code, etc MUCH, MUCH better.

Jim, do you mean something like

string = /* If I've missed something in WinBatch which already allows me to do any of this stuff please let me know.

Mouse Scroll - Add Support to Functions like MousePlay, MouseInfo, etc.

Add Mouse support to WaitForKeyEx()

StrCatEx()  - Function to Concatenate text over multiple lines.   
Would make the readibility and ease of building long strings, templates, SQL, C# code, etc MUCH, MUCH better.

Key(board) event for Dialogs -
I know this has been asked for many times by various people. 

Would love to see more of the DialogControls added. 
Again, I know this had been requested previously.   
Having the DateTime control would be marvelous. 
Not sure why the Date picker was added in place of the DateTime control.   
Some of the others I implemented in the CommCtrl Extender would also be very helpful at times.   
If you don't have time send me the source and I'll add them for you */

JTaylor

Yes.   Trying to sort out stuff like C# and SQL  is very difficult with all the extra stuff.   Example of the annoying way to do it:

Code (winbatch) Select

cSharpSource =               `namespace SignEngine {`:@LF
  cSharpSource = cSharpSource :`using System;`:@LF
  cSharpSource = cSharpSource :`using System.Text;`:@LF
  cSharpSource = cSharpSource :`using System.Security.Cryptography;`:@LF
  cSharpSource = cSharpSource :`using System.Runtime.InteropServices;`:@LF
  cSharpSource = cSharpSource :`using System.Text.RegularExpressions;`:@LF
  cSharpSource = cSharpSource :`using System.Collections.Generic;`:@LF

as opposed to a more useful way

Code (winbatch) Select

cSharpSource = StrCatEx(

using System;
  using System.Text;
  using System.Security.Cryptography;
  using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
  using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
  using System.Collections.Generic;

)

Jim

stanl

Ah!  So The difference is my use of markers versus you wanting a function. I have always used a Fileget() or housing SQL and other statements in memo fields - which is great for variable data-driven scripts.

I learned that WB will not be accepted for use with Time Warner data processing. So, I have Visual Studio Community Edition 2013 (which is free and pretty cool) and another learning curve. But, they should also sanction Powershell, and PS 5.0 for Win10 allows creation of classes.

Been a nice ride since 1999....

JTaylor

I don't know that I care how it is accomplished.   Obviously some type of enclosure is required and maybe your approach would be easier than a function???   It has always been annoying but I have been using PERL on a recent  project and have greatly appreciated the existence of print qq() which, of course, makes the lack in WB all the more annoying.  Plus it is something that has been requested more than once on the forum so I know it isn't just me.   I do a lot with external files and FileGet() but for some projects it isn't very practical.    It would be especially helpful with C# stuff because I can copy code out of Visual Studio which now I have to add all the concatenation stuff and if I don't keep the code in VS and want to work on it later I then have to remove it, tweak it and then add it all back again.

Jim

....IFICantBYTE

Quote from: stanl on September 06, 2015, 07:00:32 AM
Been a nice ride since 1999....

Stan,
does that mean you won't be using WB anymore?
Regards,
....IFICantBYTE

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. :)

JTaylor

Actually forgot the item that prompted me to post this thread...

I know Display() with a negative number was added to flush the system so COM stuff would work properly as it gets stuck sometimes.   There are a couple of problems with this approach though.   

1.  It requires a whole number so it displays at least a full second.  If the purpose is to flush the COM pipeline so stuff will move along it would be helpful if it didn't require a full second as a minimum.
2.  It takes the focus away from current window.   This not only looks bad but it often causes problems.

So, it would be VERY helpful if this function could be adjusted or a new one created that moves along immediately and doesn't take away the focus.

Thanks.

Jim