WinBatch Studio - toolbar button size

Started by ChuckC, April 05, 2021, 07:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuckC

My ancient Dell XPS-12 2-in-1 laptop is slowly dying from a LCD display panel that is failing and I recently got a new XPS-17 with UHD screen resolution @ 3840x2100 pixels.  Under the Windows 10 Display Settings, I've got the "Scale and layout" -> "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" setting at 250%.  This has resulted in most windows that are displayed having the text enlarged to be easily readable, and the same goes for toolbar buttons in Notepad++, Visual Studio 2019, Visual Studio Code, etc...  However, WinBatch Studio is still displaying very tiny buttons as if it is not honoring the display settings.  I thought that possibly there was some issue with running a somewhat old version of WinBatch+Compiler, so I purchased a new license and upgraded to the latest release and the problem still persists.

Refer to the attached screenshot showing a comparison of Notepad++ & WinBatch Studio.

Is there a known issue/limitation with WinBatch Studio that would cause this, or is there possibly some compatibility mode setting that may need to be used with it to get the toolbar buttons & menu item text to be enlarged per the system's display settings?

td

On the menu bar View->Toolbars. Select the "Toolbars" tab and then check the "Extra Large Buttons" check box.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

ChuckC

Thanks... that helped.  Going with the extra large buttons made them readable & recognizable again.  I don't ever recall having had a reason to explicitly configure a toolbar with it before and hadn't seen that option.

td

Back in 2019 WinBatch got a lot of modifications to support High DPI displays. It usually goes unnoticed until a user gets a bright shiny new system with a display that has a whole lot of pixels crammed into it.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

ChuckC

Bright shiny thing... lots and lotsa pixels... right on the mark!

And, to boot, since my license had expired, I was running an older version of WinBatch so I hadn't had an opportunity to encounter the new toolbar settings previously.  Now that the version of WinBatch is every bit as bright & shiny as the new laptop, it inevitably came to my attention.

td

- Dr. Tom Cade