Dialog (Pseudo)Events - Experimental

Started by JTaylor, March 16, 2021, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

Please turn on the LoseFocus option as well and see if GainFocus works like you think it should.   Something to do with only the one being on, I think, but I can't figure out why yet.

Jim

JTaylor

Okay.  I decided that rather than fighting it, assuming what I did works, I would just make them both either on or off.  I kept two separate initialization options so as to make the event checking clear.  The Help File explains my reasoning.   I couldn't see why it was failing but then decided having the option for only one being on really wasn't necessary anyway.

http://www.jtdata.com/anonymous/dialogex_events.zip

Please let me know if this resolves the problem.   Thanks.

Jim

kdmoyers

Nailed it.  Both events work, either singly or together.  Rock solid too -- I can't trick it.
I'm going to go back to that old program and put this event in it.

Thanks so much for your efforts on this Jim !!!!
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

kdmoyers

Now we just need to convince Tony to use his spare time (har har, who has spare time?) to make a map of handles-to-names automatically available for dialog extender writers!  Then you could just return the control name!

Actually I'm just amazed that any of this is even possible.  Credit to Winbatch for making this sort of extensibility available.

-Kirby

JTaylor

Yeah...the WinBatch folks are awesome.   

I did try to think of a way to get the Names but everything I considered ended up requiring the user to do something extra so stuck with the triggerlist option where one can submit the names up front.

One last, hopefully, overarching change before you start using it.   I have combined the dialog extender and domdata extender.  I often use both in the same project and this will also make things easier, I hope, on a number of fronts.

http://www.jtdata.com/anonymous/wbOmnibus.zip

Obviously good to go back and run your test script again to make sure I didn't break anything.   Actually found a bug or two on other fronts, testing the changes, so that was good.

Jim

P.S. I GREATLY appreciate the time you have put in on helping with this project.  THANKS!!!

JTaylor

I also meant to say that was a clever use of the status bar functions to show event status/activity.

Jim

kdmoyers

Omnibus packaging is working fine for me.

JTaylor