Have .EXE run in TaskMan ?

Started by jkjk12, September 29, 2014, 07:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkjk12

I have a WinBatch .exe that I need to run in TaskMan.  I want to always run in Taskman since it will monitor data.  How do I do that? 

td

Assuming you mean that you want your script to start when a user logs in, you could simply place a shortcut to the script in the 'Startup' folder or you could write your script as a service.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

Neglected to mention that there are many other ways to start a process at Windows startup or user login.  Here is another approach using registry keys

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa376977(v=vs.85).aspx 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

DAG_P6

If you mean Task Scheduler, that's easy. Create a new task, browse to the file (or paste its path from the clipboard, with a little help from the Clipboard Tricks macros), and follow the instructions. For the most part, a compiled script is just like any other program.
David A. Gray
You are more important than any technology.

snowsnowsnow

Funny.  My impression on seeing this thread was that by "TaskMan", he meant the Systray.

In which case, IntControl(1007) is your friend.

td

Maybe "TaskMan" is  some retro game like Pacman.
  - Dr. Tom Cade