Winbatch application crashes while adding extender "wwprc44i.dll"

Started by GurleenKC, January 19, 2016, 08:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GurleenKC

Winbatch application crashed while adding extender "wwprc44i.dll" which resulted is an APPCRASH event.  :( :(
The details from the event viewer are provided below -

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          1/11/2016 2:34:07 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      CHOUFE.tac-2008-dom.local
Description:
Faulting application name: supportsoftware.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x482c94f8
Faulting module name: wwprc44i.dll, version: 44015.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x48c58081
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00004b68
Faulting process id: 0x8e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d14c4f06115ee8
Faulting application path: C:\temp\R430.5\supportsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\temp\R430.5\wwprc44i.dll
Report Id: 44915471-b842-11e5-a293-6805ca00a6d3

Can someone help here?

td

There is to little information here to a provide a hint of an explanation or even a starting point for any kind of investigation of your problem.   About the only suggestion that can be made is that you need to make sure you have a clean uncorrupted copy of the extender dll and also try the latest version the extender.   Process extender problems are usually the result of corrupt system counters but that should affect the simple act of loading the extender - assuming that is where the problem is occurring.

If you make another post on this topic, please indicate your Windows and WinBatch versions.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

GurleenKC

We did multiple attempts of replacing a clean copy of the DLL on a particular system, but it fails every time.

Winbatch version : 2008C
Windows : Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bit)

Attaching the error screen shot of the application.

We also performed a crash dump analysis of this application. Below is the information retrieved from the same -

In supportsoftware.exe.2276.dmp the assembly instruction at wwprc44i!WILExtender2+3aa8 in C:\temp\R430.5\wwprc44i.dll from Wilson WindowWare Inc. has caused an access violation exception (0xC0000005) when trying to read from memory location 0x008ab000 on thread 0

td

You are using an 8 year old version of WinBatch with an old version of the extender so your options are limited.   As previously mentioned the problem is very likely bad program counters on your system.  Please read the following article:

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/Functions+!!~Performance~Monitoring~and~WinBatch~!!.txt

and from the extender's Readme file:

Ver 44016  Apl 28, 2010

Fixed problem with tListProc that could cause a crash when system
        performance counters are corrupt.

If performance counters are not the problem, your only other option is to upgrade to the latest version of both WinBatch and the extender.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

GurleenKC

Thank you for the help! :)
The problem was with the performance counters.

Executing the below command fixed the issue  :D -

Click Start, type cmd right click cmd.exe, and select Run as administrator.
At the prompt, type lodctr /r and press ENTER. This will repair the pointers (those are stored in the registry).

Output:
C:\Windows\system32>lodctr /r
Info: Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup store