reverse shell

Started by pamsniffer, October 15, 2016, 07:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamsniffer

Hi,
It is possible to make a reverse shell with winbatch and not with psexec.

Pam

snowsnowsnow

What is a "reverse shell" ?

stanl

Quote from: pamsniffer on October 15, 2016, 07:21:08 AM
Hi,
It is possible to make a reverse shell with winbatch and not with psexec.

Pam

I guess the question would be - are you saying that psexec is not available for what I assume is a remote access? WB works fine with psexce and you can search the Tech DB for examples, Otherwise possibly a WMI script, but I do not believe WB can natively handle a reverse shell.

td

Yes, it is theoretically possible to create a 'reverse shell' perhaps using the Winsock extender but if you are looking for a 'canned' solution, you are mostly out of luck.  You would have to have sufficient knowledge to write it from scratch with the understanding that you might fail miserably. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

snowsnowsnow

I'm still wondering...

What is a reverse shell?

Is that what a snail has after molting?

td

Very roughly, it is something like SSH except that network packets are initially sent from the target machine.  It is sometimes used by hackers to get around firewall restrictions so as to be able to execute root shell commands on a compromised machine.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade