Author Topic: OLEInitiate Failed for objectopen Excel.Application  (Read 388 times)

wbfriendly

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
OLEInitiate Failed for objectopen Excel.Application
« on: August 20, 2020, 12:45:07 pm »
Hello and thank you in advance for your assistance. I have written many Winbatch programs that interface with office. This is only happening on one of dozens of computers. When I try to run Winbatch to objectopen("Excel.Application") I receive an 1129 OleInitialize: Initialize Failed from all my applications now. I looked for an answer and tried re-installing office 365 several times (32/64 bit). I did the MSCOMCTL.OCX re-register. SFC /scannnow didn't help. I can get it to run once in a while. I thought maybe it is a UAC error but when I try to run it as Admin it still doesn't work. I renamed the wbt to wbt_if but that didn't work either. I even tried installing Winbatch Studio to see if I could track down an issue and  it still doesn't work.

Did anyone else have this issue and resolve it?

Thanks,

Jeff

td

  • Tech Support
  • *****
  • Posts: 3985
    • WinBatch
Re: OLEInitiate Failed for objectopen Excel.Application
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 01:22:52 pm »
Never had the problem and do know of any uses having the problem in the recent past but do recall others having similar issues over the years. Some of the past causes have been a bug in the Excel object, installing a 64-bit version with a 32-bit version of office already present, group policy settings, anti-malware software, and registry corruption.  You might consider performing an uninstall/reinstall of Office to see if that cleans up the registry as that seems to be one of the more common solutions to the problem.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

stanl

  • Pundit
  • *****
  • Posts: 1593
Re: OLEInitiate Failed for objectopen Excel.Application
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 05:05:37 pm »
Probably not related, but I got Edge pushed on my laptop. My Office apps were messed up, i.e. Access Import freezes during browse for file to import; a lot of my default file associations were moved to NotePad++. Trying to completely remove edge, and using SetUserFTA.exe to try to reset associations.