wbOmnibus Extender - Official Release

Started by JTaylor, March 24, 2021, 04:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

This is the official release of the wbOmnibus Extender.    This combines the DialogEx, wbDOMData, SQLite and Sundry Extenders.  This Extender has the following options:

• CSV – The manipulation and reading of CSV files.  Ability to address rows and columns by name and/or index.  Eliminates the hassle of loading CSV to an array and then remembering/mapping column indexes to the right column when you already have a column name present.

• HTML – Parse HTML.  Focus is on reading HTML rather than full DOM manipulation.

• XML – Parse XML.  Focus is on reading XML rather than full DOM manipulation.

• JSON – Parse JSON.  Focus is on reading JSON rather than JSON manipulation.

• SQLite – Access and Manipulate SQLite Databases.

• Images – Various Image Sizing and Manipulation functions along with some fun games and graphical displays.

• Dialogs – Ability to add some unsupported Dialog Controls as well as enhanced options for supported Controls.  This also includes some pseudo-events for triggering OnEntry, OnExit, KeyPress and DialogFocus changes.  It also includes two new functions related to ListView Checkboxes.

• Sundry Functions – Some odds and ends such as:

• StrCut() which is similar to the UNIX cut command. 

• snArrInitialize() - Initialize specific rows and columns in an array.

• dmUrlParams() - Create a Map of URL parameters.

• dmStore...() -  functions.  A way to store data for later retrieval.  Very nice when working with very large strings as it avoids the problem of running out of String Space in WinBatch as well as being MUCH faster when building large strings.

• Arrays to and from CSV data. 

• Various others.

Hope everyone finds something useful.  Decided I should get this released so I stop making breaking changes in some of the areas (apologies to Stan).   I use most all of this in my own projects and it has made many things easier and, at times, possible. 

http://www.jtdata.com/anonymous/wbOmnibus.zip

Tony, not sure how best to handle the separate listings for the individual extenders.   Whatever you think best on whether to remove them or not.  Thanks again for all your help along the way. 

Also, thanks to Chuck, Stan, Kirby and Kevin for their suggestions, feedback and testing, along with anyone else I might have forgotten.

Jim

JTaylor

I will also add, if anyone has, or wants to create, example scripts you think clearly demonstrates good use of the functionality, I will happily add them to the help file.   Clarity over cleverness in the script is best along with a brief description of what the script does.  Also, be sure and give yourself credit in the description so I don't put in information you may not want listed.  As some of you may know, writing code is simple compared to writing documentation so any help on that front is appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim