Download and Read Email and attachments

Started by wattsupnow, September 27, 2013, 08:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wattsupnow

Morning! I was wondering if winbatch can do the following. 

Currently we have our clients send us an email with attachment (csv, excel) to a inbox. Then I have PMAIL download the emails and attachments from the server to our box (pc). with in PMAIL i have filters setup to place certain clients and attachments in folders on the harddrive. Now I have 10 winbatch scripts running on a timer (every 5-15 mins) to check the folders, if any attachment (csv, excel) is found in these folders take these files and upload to our main frame. This has been working great! but would like to have winbatch handle every from getting the email and attachments to placing in correct folder, then process it.

So long story short - can winbatch download emails with attachments from hosting server and read the attachments? if so, anyone have some sample scripts?

Deana

Sounds like a job for  the Postie Extender kGetMail function.

Here is a simple code sample:
Code (winbatch) Select

AddExtender("WWPST44I.DLL")
host="mail.server.com"
fromaddr="user@server.com"
userid="username"
password="pswd"
port=""
msgnumber=""
extractfile=""
mailbox=""
flags=""
kInit(host,fromaddr,userid,password,port)
While 1
   DirChange("c:\temp\attachments")
   allmsgs=kGetMail(msgnumber,extractfile,"",mailbox,flags)
   TimeDelay(1)
EndWhile
Exit

Reference:  http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WIL~Extenders/Postie+kGetMail~attachments.txt
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

wattsupnow

Thanks for the quick reply! I will have used that before to send emails. Will take a look at it thanks!!

Deana

The key here is that you call the DirChange before the kGetMail to specify where to place the file attachments.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

DAG_P6

Quote from: Deana on September 27, 2013, 08:42:49 AM
The key here is that you call the DirChange before the kGetMail to specify where to place the file attachments.

Another option, especially of the destination depends on the content of the files, download everything to one folder, then use FileMove, FileCopy, or similar shell extender functions to move them around.
David A. Gray
You are more important than any technology.

rkoster

Quote from: DAG_P6 on September 28, 2013, 02:36:08 PM
Quote from: Deana on September 27, 2013, 08:42:49 AM

Another option, especially of the destination depends on the content of the files, download everything to one folder, then use FileMove, FileCopy, or similar shell extender functions to move them around.