DLL's in folder where I keep individual scripts

Started by MW4, May 15, 2014, 10:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW4

There are some DLL files which I am assuming are related to the Winbatch compiler version that was used at various times to compile the exe.

Are these safe to delete, except the newest of course...but even then, wouldn't it be added back when re-compiled?

WBDNA44I.DLL is the latest

see attachment

Deana

Those are various versions of the WIL DLL. The WIL DLL names are made up of 3 parts. The first three characters identify the DLL type.
WBD - WIL Language Interpreter DLL
The second two characters are used for version identification purposes. The letters will change for each new version of the DLL.
XX = BQ, or AK, (some combination of letters)
The final three characters reference the version format of the DLL.

44I ââ,¬â€œ 32-bit WIL DLL
64I ââ,¬â€œ 64-bit WIL DLL

Here is an example of the 2014A version of the DLL for use on 32-bit versions of Windows.
WBDNA44I.DLL

These WIL DLLs are required by all compiled EXEs. You may want to keep around these older versions of the WIL DLL, if you have any EXEs compiled using older the DLLs ( especially if compiled using the small EXE option).

I recommend keeping the DLLs.

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

MW4

I always use Large EXE for Standalone PC's, and create a folder where each .WBT and .EXE resides along with the appropriate extenders.
Once I compile using a newer version, why would you ever go back, and how could you do that?

Or...assuming that they are all the same, storing all of the old WIL DLL's in one central repository for old WIL DLL's?

Deana

Quote from: MW4 on May 15, 2014, 12:04:22 PM
I always use Large EXE for Standalone PC's, and create a folder where each .WBT and .EXE resides along with the appropriate extenders.
Once I compile using a newer version, why would you ever go back, and how could you do that?

Or...assuming that they are all the same, storing all of the old WIL DLL's in one central repository for old WIL DLL's?

Again you would only need the older dlls if you had exes that required them and were compiled using the small exe option. That does not seem the be the case for you... So delete away.

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

MW4

Thanks!!
I'm in spring cleaning mode and trying to better organize and clean up my files.