Problem with Outlook Object

Started by mmoran, June 05, 2014, 10:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmoran

I am using Outlook 2013 and an up-to-date version of WinBatch. I am trying to employ the SendUsingAccount property of the Outlook MailItem object. While this works fine in VBA (so I don't think it is an Outlook issue), I cannot seem to get it to work using the same command structure in WinBatch. Here is the code:

OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
oAccount = Outapp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)       ; this is the non-default "second" account
;message("", oAccount.DisplayName)  ; this correctly displays the second account
oMail = Outapp.CreateItem(0)
oMail.Subject = "Test123"
oMail.Recipients.Add("Michael Moran")
oMail.Recipients.ResolveAll
oMail.SendUsingAccount = oAccount
;oMail.SendUsingAccount = Outapp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)
oMail.Save
oMail.Display
Exit

Mike Moran

Deana

Maybe try changing this line:
Code (winbatch) Select
oAccount = Outapp.Session.Accounts.Item(2) 
to
Code (winbatch) Select
oAccount = Outapp.Session.Accounts.Item(2).Value
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

mmoran

Still no dice Deana. Outapp.Session.Accounts.Item(2).Value generates a COM error (unknown name) likely because "Value" is not a member of the Accounts object. The funny thing is that all indications show that the correct, secondary account is selected but SendUsingAccount still sends from the default account. It must be a syntax error, but I've exhausted every possbility I can come up with.

Mike

Deana

I reviewed the code pretty closely, and it appears that you have it coded correctly. Maybe post the .vbs script and post the DebugTrace output of the .wbt script.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

Deana

UAC might be a factor....

By default our WinBatch Studio environment and all .wbt files use the Manifest settings: Requested Execution Level = HighestAvailable and UI Access = True. WinBatch uses these default Manifest settings in attempt to obtain the highest level of access for all scripts. However these manifest settings are not always relevant for the script you are running. For example if your script does not require UI access then you should not manifest the script using UI Access = True. An example of a script that would require UI Access = True is using any of the Control manager Extender functions that attempt to access controls in other running processes. In short you will need to keep in mind what minimum Manifest settings your script will require.

If you would like to test your un-compiled scripts using the properly manifested WinBatch studio, then you should run this version of the WinBatch studio:
C:\Program Files (x86)\WinBatch\System\WBStudio_IF.exe (Requested Execution Level = AsInvoker and UI Access = False).

Note: you can also give your .WBT a special file extension of .WBT_IF, which will run the appropriately manifested version of the WinBatch interpreter when it is clicked on.

Reference:
http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WinBatch/Manifest+UAC~Manifest~Setting~Triggers~1129~Error~.txt

Let me know if changing the manifest resolves the issue.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

mmoran

Hi again Deana.

First, thank you for your continued help. I have UAC turned off, but ran the WinBatch with the _IF extension addon (I did not know about that) and still the same results.
Here is the VBA code:

Option Explicit
Sub SendFromReporter()
     Dim objOutlookApp As Outlook.Application
     Dim objOutlookEmail As Outlook.MailItem
     Set objOutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
     Set objOutlookEmail = objOutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
     objOutlookEmail.Subject = "Testing Again"
     objOutlookEmail.Recipients.Add "Michael Moran"
     objOutlookEmail.Recipients.ResolveAll
     objOutlookEmail.SendUsingAccount = objOutlookApp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)
     objOutlookEmail.Save
     objOutlookEmail.Display
End Sub

I beginning to thin that SendUsing Account is temperamental. Some VBA posters have said that a "Set" is required before the objOutlookEmail.SendUsingAccount = objOutlookApp.Session.Accounts.Item(2) command while other disagree. The debugtrace is unremarkable. All OLE objects passed muster.

Mike

Deana

Running out of ideas...Maybe try:

Code (winbatch) Select
objOutlookEmail.SendUsingAccount.Value = objOutlookApp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

Deana

I suspect you might be dealing with a security issue. To confirm move the display to the beginning of the script:

Code (winbatch) Select
OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
oAccount = Outapp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)       ; this is the non-default "second" account
;message("", oAccount.DisplayName)  ; this correctly displays the second account
oMail = Outapp.CreateItem(0)
oMail.Display
oMail.Subject = "Test123"
oMail.Recipients.Add("Michael Moran")
oMail.Recipients.ResolveAll
oMail.SendUsingAccount = oAccount
;oMail.SendUsingAccount = Outapp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)
oMail.Save

Exit

See if you get a Security warning. If so you might need to use a tool like redemption. http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WIL~Extenders/MAPI+MAPI~and~Outlook~Security.txt
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

mmoran

Hi again Deana. While security did not seem to be the problem (SendUsingAccount still sent from the default account using Redemption's SafeItem), I was able to use Redemption's RDO objects successfully! Here is the code:

Session = CreateObject("Redemption.RDOSession")
    Session.Logon
    ForEach olAccountTemp In Session.Accounts
       message("", olAccountTemp.Name)
      If (olAccountTemp.Name == "[second account]@nycourts.gov")
         Account = olAccountTemp
         Break
      EndIf
   Next
   ;message("", oAccount.displayname)
    ;Drafts = Session.GetDefaultFolder(4); Outbox
    ;Drafts = Session.GetDefaultFolder(16); Drafts
    Drafts = Session.GetSharedDefaultFolder("[second account]@nycourts.gov",16); Drafts
    ;message("",Drafts.Name)
    Msg = Drafts.Items.Add
    Msg.Account = Account
    ;Msg.To = Join(ToRecipientsArray, "; ")
    Msg.To = "xyz@nycourts.gov"
    Msg.Subject = "Here We Go!"
    Msg.Body = "Again"
    Msg.Save
    ;Msg.Display
    ;Msg.Send

All's well that ends well. And may thanks for all of you help and pointing me to Redemption.

Mike

Deana

Current versions of Outlook really limit the types of operations that can be automated by scripts for security reasons. Glad to hear Redemption's SafeItem resolved the issue for you.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

mmoran

There is more than one way to skin a cat (actually, I like cats). Here's another way without using Redemption:

OutApp = ObjectCreate("Outlook.Application")   
objSession = OutApp.Session

;Session.Logon
    ForEach olAccountTemp In objSession.Accounts
      If (olAccountTemp.Smtpaddress == "[secondary account]@nycourts.gov")
         Account = olAccountTemp
         Break
      EndIf
   Next
   myRecipient = objSession.CreateRecipient("secondary account]@nycourts.gov")
   ;message("", Account.smtpaddress)
    ;Drafts = Session.GetDefaultFolder(4); Outbox
    ;Drafts = objSession.GetDefaultFolder(16); Drafts
    ;message("", Drafts)
    ;Exit
    Drafts = objSession.GetSharedDefaultFolder(myRecipient,16); Drafts
    ;message("",myRecipient)
    Msg = Drafts.Items.Add(0)
    ;Msg.Account = Account
    ;Msg.To = Join(ToRecipientsArray, "; ")
    Msg.To = "xyz@nycourts.gov"
    Msg.Subject = "Here We Go!"