PDF Extender

Started by JTaylor, Today at 06:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

Not sure this will interest anyone but just in case, I have posted a PDF generation extender.   Do note the word "generation".  It does not do editing, extraction, etc.   Looked into that but everything I found for free required 64-bit compiling.

http://www.jtdata.com/anonymous/pdf.zip

Jim

kdmoyers

YMAFJ  (Yet More Awesome From Jim)

Thanks man!

The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

td

Interesting. Adobe has abandoned its COM interfaces for PDF files and I am not sure how much.Net offers via the .Net framework or MSFT Office exposed interfaces. The PDF document format seems to be more popular than ever.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

spl

Excel still has workshet.ExportAsFixedFormat(xlTypePDF, pdf). .NET has the iText7 classes [dlls?] that can be harnessed. Jim and I have been back and forth about the Extender, and, if I am not mistaken, he made code changes based on the exchange.

It is a great and fast extender.
Stan - formerly stanl [ex-Pundit]

JTaylor

Yep. Made me realize I needed rectangles to make grids pretty.  Had thought about shapes but left them out initially.   Still trying to decide of any of the others would be helpful.

Jim

Quote from: spl on Today at 12:53:06 PMExcel still has workshet.ExportAsFixedFormat(xlTypePDF, pdf). .NET has the iText7 classes [dlls?] that can be harnessed. Jim and I have been back and forth about the Extender, and, if I am not mistaken, he made code changes based on the exchange.

It is a great and fast extender.