Scrollable List Of Items

Started by KeithW, September 03, 2020, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithW

Greetings,

Was wondering it there is a command in WB that allows you to display a MESSAGE with contents that are maybe 100 lines long.
I wanted to verify my processing list is complete and my monitor height allows for about 50-55 lines in the MESSAGE display.
I do not need to be able to select anything just verify everything has been selected to process.  I see DIALOG allows for vertical
sliders, was wondering if there was an easier way than to define a DIALOG to view the whole list?

Thanx,
Keith

td

Well, Wil Dialogs are not at all difficult.  Particularly if you are just displaying information.  You can create one in less than five minutes using the WIL Dialog Editor.  Otherwise. tale a look at the AskItemList function.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

KeithW

EXCELLENT,   AskItemList() work perfectly.
My misunderstanding as I thought you had to Select Something to use it and I was wanting a view only situation.

Thanx TD,

Keith

kdmoyers

I guess this is a decent place to mention that a cool option to add to AskTextBox would be

4  place cursor at START of default text (instead of highlighting it)

As this would make it more useful for cases like OPs.

-Kirby
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

td

"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade