RunWithLogon & DOS Commands

Started by geauga, December 08, 2016, 09:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geauga

I am trying to delete a file from the public desktop if it exists and this requires elevated privileges.  This leads me to use RunWithLogon.  I have tried various iterations all to no avail.  Any syntax recommendations?  I have tried pass the file to delete as a parameter and concatenated to the DEL command.

delcmd = StrCat("DEL", " C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Home Health - Prod.lnk")

RunWithLogon ( delcmd, "", "", @NORMAL, @WAIT, runas_user, runas_domain, runas_pass,1)

td

Assuming you are working in a UAC environment and you truly mean 'elevate' then you can't use RunWithLogon to elevate a process.  Please see the following Tech DB article:

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/UAC+RunWithLogon~and~UAC.txt

Once you get that sorted out, you might want to consider just using the 'FileDelete' function instead of fooling around with the 'del' command shell command.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

geauga

This is not a UAC issue it is really just file security issue where the users only have READ and EXECUTE access to the file that I need to delete.  I would much rather use FileDelete then spawning off a DOS command.  I will try your suggestion of the "bootstrapper" process.

td

If you are working in a UAC environment and you need to give a standard user full admin privileges,  it is a UAC issue because running a process with an admin token does not necessarily mean the process has full admin privileges.   
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade