run exe in memory?

Started by jkjk12, September 16, 2015, 01:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkjk12

I used WinBatch once a few years ago and it did something very cool.  The compiled .exe ran entirely in memory.   Does it no longer do that?   I have a compiled .exe that does the following.

run an .EXE
Answer all dialogs this .EXE produces.   (press next, sendkey commands, press OK  etc...etc...)

This .EXE works fine when I run it manually.  But when I deploy this using Configuration Manager 2012 (from Microsoft) it never works.   CM2012 does run this with Administrative rights. 

About 3 years ago I saw WinBatch work, it ran in memory (no one was logged on the target machine) and it answered the dialogs and installed the software.   Has this feature been removed?

td

All compiled WinBatch scripts run 'in memory' (irrelevant discussion of page files could go here) and nothing in WinBatch has changed that would affect interacting with applications via SendKey, etc.  However, Windows has changed.  Based on the limited information provided it is difficult to say exactly which OS changes are causing the observed behavior but it's quite likely related to the fact that services run in a separate window station on Vista and newer versions of Windows. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade