Is there a version of iPing with credentials?

Started by DChild, April 20, 2020, 04:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DChild

Hi,

Do any of the extenders allow you to check connectivity with a username and password, and obtain return codes and descriptions if failure?

td

The ping command works between tcp/ip connected computers by using the ICMP echo request message.  I am not aware of any form of the ICMP echo request message that takes credentials. Depending on the OS you could consider using some of the functionality made available by the network extender to connect to a resource on a remote computer.  Credentials can be used with that type of connection.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

DChild

Ok, thanks.  I actually wrote the thing in Python, and it's working fine.  But while developing, I wanted a second way to test the connection to confirm it was working correctly.

Quote from: td on April 20, 2020, 05:35:33 PM
The ping command works between tcp/ip connected computers by using the ICMP echo request message.  I am not aware of any form of the ICMP echo request message that takes credentials. Depending on the OS you could consider using some of the functionality made available by the network extender to connect to a resource on a remote computer.  Credentials can be used with that type of connection.