Anyone work with......

Started by stanl, August 12, 2014, 10:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanl

td

Assuming you are referring specifically to the API, I haven't worked with it but I would think that it is just another REST based API using HTTP verbs. Likely a small amount of time with the on-line documentation would be sufficient to get a basic handle on the particulars.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

kdmoyers

Just guessing, but you might want to invest in some lead underwear before beginning work.
;)
-Kirby
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

td

Think the lead would still be necessary, if it's cold fusion?
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

stanl

Quote from: td on August 13, 2014, 12:42:25 PM
Think the lead would still be necessary, if it's cold fusion?

more like heat maps. You can produce them, but they cannnot be published as if you show the heat you lose the latitude and longitude... sort of a HeisenGoogle Effect.

But they will produce an iframe snippet which they say can be embedded in a page.

<html>
<body>
<iframe width="500" height="300" scrolling="yes" frameborder="no" src="https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?viz=CARD&amp;q=select+*+from+1vILeIBi7MBd1SDX9B6mkMtKCskmnrLlsNuTfToWX&amp;tmplt=3&amp;cpr=2"></iframe>
</body>
</html>

which I would like to use with an MSHTML: object in a WB Dialog via Writeln().

But I think there is some javascript required as it draws a blank.

td

I guess you'll have to get the lead out...
  - Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

If you make one "public" I'll play around and see if I can make it work in a dialog.

Jim

stanl

Thanks;

The issue is:

Can't use MSHTML: and Wrteln(), but Shell.Explorer and Navigate() works from an iframe.
Can't display a heat map, but it should be possible as in the Example Google gives:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Fusion Tables heatmaps</title>
<style> html, body, #map-canvas { height: 100%; margin: 0px; padding: 0px } </style>
<script src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.exp"></script> <script>
function initialize()
{ var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map-canvas'),
{ center: new google.maps.LatLng(10, -140), zoom: 3 }); var layer = new google.maps.FusionTablesLayer({ query: { select: 'location', from: '1xWyeuAhIFK_aED1ikkQEGmR8mINSCJO9Vq-BPQ' },
heatmap: { enabled: true } }); layer.setMap(map); } google.maps.event.addDomListener(window, 'load', initialize); </script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="map-canvas"></div>
</body>
</html>   

stanl

Like to put this thread to sleep. First of all, special thanks to Jim Taylor for assiting me behind the scenes (pointing out several faux pas's in my code). But bottom line:

Google fusion tables can be easily created and published via WB code (using the shell.explorer COM object). However (as I finally read the small print) 'heat maps' can only be generated from a Web Server, not a local .html file. 

As for the major faux pas....   I need to generate the maps w/out unecerssary i/o... in other words access the .html code in memory and place it in a COM object to display a map. I assumed, perhaps correctly, that the MSHTML: object does not support Writeln(), but as Jim showed, it does support Write() in the document element.

The real prize here is that google writes the html/jscript code for you as you develop fusion maps. Outside any clandestine designs on their part it is pretty cool....