Winbatch program cancels and getting Windows Application Error in Event Viewer

Started by paabrennan, April 01, 2015, 03:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paabrennan

Hi I am running a winbatch program and it is crashing producing the following error in the event viewer
Faulting application name: CF_Automation.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52d5bf87
Faulting module name: WWPRC44I.DLL, version: 44016.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bd86b69
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000169b
Faulting process id: 0x1990
Faulting application start time: 0x01d06b68525cbe58
Faulting application path: E:\Hyperion\Scripts\CF_Automation.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Hyperion\Scripts\WWPRC44I.DLL
Report Id: b5bff286-d75b-11e4-81a5-0050568220fd

In my code I am doing following:
This is the only Process I believe I am using WWPRD44I.DLL

AddExtender("WWPRC44I.DLL")
ProcessesRunning=tListProc()
ProgramOccurences=StrCnt(ProcessesRunning,"CF_Automation",1,-1,0)

99 Percent of the time it works fine. I am on a window 2008 and using 2014A Version of Winbatch.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I was looking to do ERRMODE(@OFF) on tListProc() but I believe that would pause the application.
and then try ERRORMODE(@CANCEL) around ListProc() but I don't see this being used in any of the examples on this command.  This is running in batch. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

td

The event log doesn't provide much in the way of useful information and the WIL ErrorMode function had nothing to do with operating system exceptions.  It is used to modify the handling of WinBatch errors.

The tListProc function relies on performance counters so your first task should be to check for and correct any performance counter related problems on your Windows 2008 system.   Following article shows you how to fix corrupt performance counters:

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/Functions+!!~Performance~Monitoring~and~WinBatch~!!.txt
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade