Get and send text to TAdvStringGrid

Started by Jeremy Whilde, July 02, 2021, 03:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Whilde

Just wondering if anyone has ever worked out a way using WinBatch to get text and send text to a TAdvStringGrid this is a Delphi & C++ Builder type component produced by TMSsoftware?

Tried things like the cGet extender functions but none seem to return anything!

Thanks JW

td

Have your tried to run the Analyzer script against the window hosting the control? It would at least tell you something about what you are dealing with. You could also use Roboscript to determine which, if any, WinBatch or Control Manager functions can communicate with your target windows.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

Jeremy Whilde

Tony

OK, thanks yes I have tried both the Analyzer and RoboScripter all these show are the class name of TAdvStringGrid with its handle and the parent and child windows hosting this, but none of the text in the TAdvStringGrid is seen or seems accessible by these. I suppose this is why the cGet extender functions cannot access it! I guess its only addressable through or by using Delphi code? Was hoping someone may have had some dealings or knowledge with this type of grid display component but guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks JW

td

If the main window has a handle and child windows with handles then at least some of the Control Manager functions will work with your grid. If on the other hand, your grid is implemented as a single window with graphic widgets drawn directly on it the task would be more complicated. If the former is the case then there is a good chance you can navigate to the child window of interest and some small possibility that you can retrieve text from it.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

Have you tried WIL Type Viewer to see if there is a COM object?

Jim

td

Based on a very quick and dirty scan of the documentation it only has two application interfaces mentioned in examples. Delphi and C++. There is no mention of late-bind COM Automation which is the type of interface needed for TypeViewer detection.
  - Dr. Tom Cade