Check website for stats

Started by oradba4u, September 22, 2022, 07:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradba4u

All:
Has anyone written any winbatch code to check an given website url for web stats (i.e. website hits, click thrus, etc.)
OR...
know of a completely FREE tool that does this?

Thanks in advance

td

Any possible solution depends greatly on whether or not you control the Website.  If you haven't already, you might consider trying your favorite Web search engine for hints or a complete answer.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

oradba4u

Yeah, my website overlord (GoDaddy) wants me to hire them to program it. I would have thought the analytics come with the purchase of their product! In addition other vendors (even the so-called FREE ones) want me to paste their scripts into every one of my web pages... and we wonder why/how hackers get into our assets.

td

ILC's needs are minimal and to avoid using corporate severance-ware, we just search site logs. A WinBatch script of fewer than 30 lines is sufficient for that. It simply provides information about downloads which helps determine the direction of software development.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade